What activities a GBL 2 cannot undertake?
- Offer shares or otherwise raise capital from the public
- Carry on any banking, insurance or reinsurance business
- Carry out the business of company formation, administration and management or provide professional nominee or trusteeship services
- Offer or provide or purport to provide financial services; or
- Offer professional services as fiduciary in any investment fund or any collective investment schemes by whatever name called.
Can a holder of a Category 2 Global Business Licence conduct business in Mauritius?
To be eligible for a Category 2 Global Business Licence (GBL2), the applicant’s proposed business should be outside Mauritius.
Can a resident in Mauritius be a shareholder in a GBL 2?
General a GBL2 is available for non-resident investors only.
Is there a need for resident Directors for a GBL 2?
A GBL 2 does not necessarily have a resident director but it would be highly recommendable.
Does a GBC2 need to open a bank account in Mauritius?
It is not compulsory for a GBC2 Company to have a Mauritian bank account.
Does the Financial Summary of a GBL 2 need to be audited?
No, it is not compulsory for a GBL 2 to have its financial summary to be audited.
Must the Financial Summary be filed with the authorities?
Yes, the unaudited financial summary shall be filed with the Financial Services Commission within 6 months after its financial year end.