wealth management company

A Wealth Management Company is an entity licensed as an Investment Adviser in Mauritius.

Read More

JurisTax assists you with the setting up of the wealth management company and applying for the relevant licence to make it fully operational for you to conduct the proposed activities.

Competency Standards for an Investment Adviser

An investment adviser dealing in Mauritius will have to appoint a representative and will have to follow the requirements set by the Financial Services Commission:

The Representative would need to have:


1. Advanced knowledge of:

  • General principles of securities

  • Securities products

  • General principles of fund management and fund management products

  • Regulatory framework for securities activities in Mauritius

2. Minimum of a degree with emphasis on finance, capital markets, financial services, business administration, financial planning from a recognised institution.

  • Relevant experience in investment business ( Type 1 - 8 years, Type 2 – 5years, Type 3 – 3years).

  • Minimum of 15 hours structured CPD per year


3. Upon application for a representative licence, a Statement of Declaration from the Investment Dealer attesting the following:

  • the Representative meets the minimum competencies and is deemed competent;

  • A Certificate of Character has been submitted by the Representative.

An investment advisor who is dealing outside Mauritius is not forced to appoint a representative.

Types of Licences
Investment Dealer
(Full Service)

Can be with or
without underwriting.
  • Act as an intermediary in the execution of securities transactions for clients;

  • Trade in securities as principal with the intention of reselling these securities to the public;

  • Underwrite or distribute securities on behalf of an issuer or a holder of securities;

  • Give investment advice which is ancillary to the normal course of his business activities; and
    Manage portfolios of clients

Investment Dealer
Execute orders for clients;
Manage portfolios of clients; and
Give advice on securities transactions to clients
Investment Dealer
(Discount Broker)
Execute orders for clients without giving advice
Investment Dealer
(Commodity Derivatives Segment)
Act as broker in Commodity Derivatives only
Investment Dealer
(Currency Derivatives Segment)
Act as broker in Currency Derivatives only
Investment Adviser
Manage, under a mandate, portfolios of securities; and
Give advice on securities transactions through printed materials or any other means
Investment Adviser
Give advice on securities transactions through printed materials or any other means

Minimum Stated Capital

The minimum unimpaired stated capital is as follows:
Type of Licence Minimum Unimpaired Stated Capital MUR
(or an equivalent amount)
Investment Adviser
Investment Adviser

Have questions about this service? Check out our FAQ section here.

Click Here